Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ride, Families, Ride.

After my fun making box cargo bike/bakfiets t-shirts and then adding another long-tail bike to our fleet, I have wanted to try my hand designing a new shirt representing our Xtracycle and Yuba bikes. These weekend, I pulled out my EZScreen Print and set to work. We went for simplicity for the saying, simplicity in the bike design.

While they are not quite up to professional quality silk-screened shirts, I was pretty pleased with the results. We did have a bump in the purple shirt when we pulled the squeegee over the screen so we did blur the silver bike some. F declared that this one is a bit "squidgy, " which sounds right to me. We just decided, however, that once it dried, it just looks like the bike is in action. We'll take that.





5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awesome! (My new favorite word courtesy of C)

Andrea said...

So cool. You are so clever!! (and Ride, Baby, Ride was one of our favorite board books, so I love the reference!)

sanityseeker said...

i love it! i would buy one if you opened an etsy store! (ok, i'd probably buy one for each of our family members!)

KatieJo said...

I like the shirts ALOT! I just saw it on the xtracycle flickr website...wanna send one to texas? I'll buy!

sara said...

@sanityseeker and @KatieJo--
Thanks so much for the compliments. I love making tees. If you send me an email directly to crumstrong at gmail, I would be up for talking about possibly getting a tee to you. I'm not really into making any sort of profit and I am totally realistic that my schedule doesn't allow for any fast delivery-- I just love the idea of folks walking around with this shirt on!