Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cargo Bikes pictured in the Boden catalogue

Tucked among the mail today was a new Boden catalogue. For someone not terribly interested in fashion, I must admit that I really, really like Boden clothing. I first discovered their incredibly cool graphic t-shirts for boys (so beyond the usual stripes and trucks most companies were producing for fellas) and then fell for their amazing prints in their women's collections. I have a particular fondness for Boden's tunics.

As I was perusing its new women's collection for fall, I came upon a few photos of cargo bikes as props in their pictures, including a beautiful cargo trike with a cute dog as cargo. So the NYTimes last week and now a Boden catalogue-- Are cargo bikes becoming a widespread trend?


These photos are from Boden's website. There is a better shot of the trike and dog as cargo in the catalogue....


8 comments:

Bikejuju said...

Cargo bikes are the new black!

Miss Sarah said...

When I was initially shopping for Dexter as an infant, I wondered whether a car seat could be properly affixed to a front cargo rack like that. I seems precarious... but I feel rather confident that it could be done?

I figured it would cause too many people to be aghast.

MamaVee said...

miss sarah- mine has holes at the bottom for carseats. Of course mine is a trike, and heavy and $$. But it can be done.

Andrea said...

You are a trend-setter! Thanks for the link to the catalog; they DO have cute clothes...I'm working on assembling a new "wardrobe." Ha!

sara said...

@Miss Sarah: Clearly, a carseat would fit on that front cargo rack, but you are right-- random folks would probably be pulling you over & calling child authorities...

cycler said...

I like the Boden stuff, but had a very traumatic experience actually getting it delivered. First everything was way too big, even though I measured myself to do the british to american sizing. They ended up giving the 2nd shipment to me for free because they screwed up the shipping so badly. Very cute though, and definitely a cargo bike demographic.

Trisha said...

I like Boden! good to know they're spreading the cargo bike love.

Jim said...

I have yet to see another family out on a cargo bike here, but one can only hope that more people join in. But some days it is depressing I crossed a guy eating a huge slice of pizza (looked like a quarter) at the wheel today and when I stared at him in disbelief he gave a "whats your problem moron" look and drove on... there was a child in the car too, with no belt. Its hard to keep positive with so many people like that out there...
The Yuba is perfect for hauling kids, I have had my 3,4 and 8 year old out on the back and it is a ball. Now two of them are mobile and when my wife joins us I even get the Yuba to myself sometimes.
Great blog by the way, keep it up.
Jim