Monday, February 15, 2010

Bike Crush

After ice skating, we couldn't bring ourselves to head indoors on such a great sunny day. The three boys were wiped out and ramped up simultaneously so we decided to head out on a family bike ride, hoping to soak in some good vitamin D. Our first stop-- our local bike shop to have the guys there take another look at the gearing of the bakfiets which has been giving us some trouble in colder temperatures.

As we walked through the front door, I spotted a pair of women checking out this gorgeous blue vintage three-speed. I made a quick bee-line to the bike and saw it was... wait for it, an Armstrong! I am not sure I've openly revealed this before on the blog, but yes, that IS my surname. I started gushing over this lovely bike and the woman who was deciding whether or not to buy it, thought I was some sort of store 'plant' sent in to close the deal with my flowing compliments on this cool ride.

She decided to put a deposit on the bike and headed out of the shop. I immediately started asking questions about it and learned that not only is it an Armstrong, but one from the year of my birth, 1969. Now come on. Is it too much to hope that she decides not to buy it?

- photo taken with crappy cell phone camera because I can't seem to remember to take a real camera with me

9 comments:

MamaVee said...

it must be yours!!! juju vibes she does not buy it.

Doohickie said...

I hope you get it; it's a great looker.

mitch said...

i wish there was a second i could have sold you!

Dottie said...

Fate! Sounds like someone needs to start trolling eBay :)

sara said...

@Doohickie-- Thanks. We shall see. We shall see...

@mitch-- Why, thank you. If she backs out, you know how to reach me!

sara said...

@Dottie: Yes, I was already on Ebay last night :)

Jennifer said...

Looks like a bike my mom used to have, love the two tone bike seat.

Charlotte said...

Oh, I hope she backs out, that really would be perfect.

cycler said...

I find myself breaking in and giving my 2 cents at stores all the time..
Last week at the bike shop for example the service guy told a guy with a CL bike that he would be happy to do the $150 of repairs it needed, but he thought that he should really find a bike that fit him first and then repair that one. I broke in and told the guy that when he did, he should definitely come to this shop, because unfortunately not all bike shops are honest enough to tell you that kind of thing!
Good luck finding a lovely lady like that of your own